Thursday, November 20, 2008

Portugal DESTROYED By Brazil 6-2! What is up with that!

For those of you who missed it, Portugal just got SPANKED by Brazil!! I can not even begin to tell you how wrong that is on so many levels, but I am going to try.

First of all, a little background on myself so you have a good understanding of why this matters to me so much. I am Portuguese, and a die hard football fan. It pains me to see the team that I take so much pride in get destroyed 6-2, thats right, 6-2 by a Country that speaks the same language as us. Brazil was once a Portuguese colony, and is now the Football capital of the world. They have enough players for 100 national teams. So they once again have bragging rights.

Second, Portugal has an incredible team. You cant blame everything on the coach. Yes there has been a difference in Portugal's style of play since Carlos Queiroz took over, but still why cant we come together as a National Team. I mean look at our team; Ronaldo, Nani, Quaresma, Almeida, Danny, Deco, Simao, Maniche, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Meira, I mean the list goes on and on. I would say our biggest weakness is the Striker position, which is the reason why we dont score to many goals. But still, 6-2. Thats hard to come back from. Oh yeah, and great goalkeeping by Quim, what the F%$ was that! It was if he was sleeping! Especially those by Maicon and Elano

On the flip side, how the hell is Brazil not the number 1 team in the world? I mean seriously, they can seriously put out the 1, 2 and 3 top teams in the world and still be eachothers biggest competition.

Anyways, Portugal needs to bounce back, from that embarassing loss. Ronaldo needs to step it up big time internationally. To be truly great, he needs to lead both his club and country.

Does anyone feel my pain? Any thoughts on the game? Comment below

2 comments:

Priya said...

Hello,

Cool blog!

This is Priya from SezWho here. I am writing to know your feedback regarding the SezWho plug-in and how it has met or hasn't met your expectations.

Your feedback is important to us.

Look forward to your response.

Best
Priya
priya@sezwho.com

Unknown said...

yahh...Brazil...no doubt....the best time so far......am a big of Brazil too.....looking for a Brazilian Jersey??try soccer uniforms